Friday, July 17, 2009

Madrid museums

Carolyn and I walked around the Prado yesterday during its late afternoon free hours and took in some culture. I´m not big on museums, but did go to the Louvre while in Paris and spent the requisite time in the Prado. However, there is one museum that I love, here in Spain. It´s not big on history or art or culture, but what it lacks in typical museum appeal, it more than makes up for in atmosphere. Of all of the museums in Madrid, my hands-down favorite is the Museo de Jamon. Ah yes, the Museum of Ham is most fantastic. They have the best sandwiches for cheap and 1E beers. A definite score. Standing at the counter with locals and tourists alike, everyone is treated to the sights of curing meats hanging from the ceiling and all kinds of offerings, centered around (but not wholly including) many varieties of Spanish hams. Museo de Jamon is one museum where I will never turn down a visit.

No comments: